Would you like to join our team?
Becoming a member of our team is easy, but there are a few requirements. The most important necessity is that your dog must love people and get along with other dogs
All Caring K9s therapy dog teams attend weekly training classes in Brooksville, FL to prepare dogs and handlers for becoming a therapy team and to learn skills to pass the required tests.
Below is a list of other requirements to get you and your dog certified as a therapy dog team. (All requirements are subject to change without notice)
- Dog must be 1 year or older to be certified
- Dog must be current on all vaccinations required by Caring K9s Inc.
- Sign all documents and pay all fees required by Caring K9s, Inc.
- Dog must pass the Canine Good Citizen (CGC) and the AKC Community Canine (CGCA) Tests.
- You and your dog must pass 5 supervised visits to various facilities.
If you and your dog would like to learn more about being a part of Caring K9s, please feel free to contact us.